Search This Blog

All Posts

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

25 Bible Verses I pray Over My Husband

     In an earlier post, I mentioned that I set aside time to specifically pray for others. First, for my husband, then my children and then other friends and family. I know that I can't change others. I can only change myself (with God's help) but I also believe in the power of prayer. Besides being a blessing for the person I'm praying for, It also nourishes my relationship with Jesus. It helps me see myself in the right light, and that I'm in need of work.

     When I have my prayer time, I like to start off by praying for David. He is my best friend. He is the most important person in my life. He is my closest  'neighbor'.  He is my partner in this journey, and Lord willing, I will spend a lot of years living with him. Not only co-existing, but actually living life. Enjoying life together. I want to see God bless him abundantly. I want God to also change my attitude and thoughts through my prayer. There have been many times I end my prayer and realize just how much I'm blessed and how much I take for granted when it comes to my marriage.

     I'm currently reading The Power of a Praying Wife, and it's such a good book. Often times I need help in formulating my thoughts, and this book has given me help in that area. I would definitely recommend reading it because she covers quite a few topics and has many verses for each topic.

     These are the verses I chose to pray over my husband. Along with these, I pray about any specific needs I see in his life, or that he has mentioned to me.  If I get interrupted and don't get a chance to pray through them all, next time I'll continue from where I stopped.



1- That he would follow his calling

Ephesians 1:17-19

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better.
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may now the hope which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people.


2- That he would grow in his faith

Psalm 85:8

I will listen to what God the Lord says; He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants. 

3- For his integrity

Psalm 25:21

May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in You.


4- That there would be harmony between us

Romans 15:5-6

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.


5- For his courage

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.


6- That he may not live in condemnation

Romans 8:1-2

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from
the law of sin and death.


7- That he may cast his burdens on God

Psalm 55:22

Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous be shaken.


8- That God would strengthen his hands.

2 Samuel 22:33

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.


9- That his delight would be in God.

Psalm 35:9

Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in His salvation.


10- That God would be with him.

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.


11- That he would have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:16

"Who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct him?"
But we have the mind of Christ.

12- That he may be led by the Holy Spirit

John 14:26 

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.


13- That he may seek only God's approval. 

Galatians 1:10

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.


14- For times of temptation

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.


15- For his heart

Proverbs 4:23

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.


16- That he would have a giving heart

Proverbs 28:27

Those who give to the poor will lack nothing.


17- That he would be surrounded by people who bring him up. 

Proverbs 13:20

Walk with the wise and become wise.


18- That he would be full of patience and peace

Romans 14:19

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and mutual edification.


19- How he loves others

Romans 12:9-13

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need.

20. May he work unto God. 

Colossians 3:23 

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.


21- That we would build each other up.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
If either if them falls down, one can help the other up

22- His view of money

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.


23- May we put each other first

Philippians 2:4

Not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.


24- That the Lord would teach him how to be a good husband & likewise me a good wife.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record or wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

25- That he would submit his fears to God

Psalm 118:6

The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment