Search This Blog

All Posts

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pregnancy "Bumpdate" with Baby #2 : month 8 , weeks 31-35

How far along?  I am now going off of the doctor's due date of April 1st, so at this moment, I'm 37 weeks and 2 days 

Baby is the size of: Swiss chard, 19.25" 

Total weight gain for me: Around 15lbs 

Maternity clothes?  I got a few new loose fitted shirts that will work as maternity shirts for this last month, but that will also work as great nursing shirts when the baby comes. This time around, I'm aiming to have more BF friendly clothing (=

Stretch marks? Still none. Only a few more weeks left, think I can go the whole pregnancy without any? Although I wouldn't be upset if I did end up getting a few (= I don't think there is anything wrong with stretch marks. 

Sleep: Up until about a week ago, I would wake up at night and find that I'm laying on my back. I asked my doctor about this and she said that as long as I'm not consciously going to sleep on my back, then the baby is fine. But lately laying on my back has been SO uncomfortable.    

Best moment this month: The baby has been kicking SO MUCH! especially at night when I'm laying down to sleep. I enjoy the movements and am thankful of the reassurance that she is doing well (= 

Miss anything? Being able to put on socks and shoes without discomfort. Being able to hold my baby boy, being able to sleep on my back, fitting into my normal clothing (; 

Movement: Yes! she is VERY active haha

Food cravings:  Nothing specific, but There are times I find that I want something but I'm not sure exactly what I want and nothing seems appealing. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 

Gender: Baby Girl (=

Labor signs: Yes. I have slight braxton hicks every now and then, and some low aching in my abdomen,  hoping that it means she will come sooner rather than later. 

Symptoms: I've been getting this weird ringing feeling in my head at times, it's nothing painful, just a weird sensation. Only lasts a few seconds then goes away. I've never had it before and wonder if its due to pregnancy. Another pregnancy related symptom is having my ears clog up out of no where. When ever I'm very active, or excited about getting stuff done, my ears tend to clog up like they do when you change elevation. It's actually pretty annoying haha but its a good signal that I need to slow down and take a break from whatever I'm doing.     

Belly button in or out? In between.

Wedding rings on or off? On. 

Happy or moody most of the time: Lately I've been more happy then before (= knowing that this baby will soon be here makes me happy. 

Looking forward to:  My baby showers, and the baby finally coming =D I'm almost done packing our hospital bags.  

Random thoughts:  Just the other day, I did some math and calculated that out of the total 29 months that I've been married to David, 18 of those I was pregnant, and only 11 not pregnant. That was a big shocker for me. We got pregnant only a few months after getting married, and then again only a few months after baby #1. I feel like I need to take a break from being pregnant and emotional. 
     I appreciate the fact that I am able to get pregnant so easily, and carry a baby to full term. I know that a lot of women these days have problems with that, and I've even seen first hand the pain it causes some women to not be able to have a baby of their own. Every time I feel tired of being pregnant, or having the big belly slow me down, I think about what a wonderful blessing it is to have children. That being said, I also strongly believe that to be able to serve my husband and children to the best of my ability, I need to also think about how much I can handle physically, emotionally and mentally. Before being married I've always loved seeing families with a lot of children and thought that one day I will also have a lot of kids (God willing) but when I actually became a parent and experienced what parenthood holds, I realized it's not as easy as it may seem. There is A lot of sacrifice that comes with being a parent. From the very start, we as parents sacrifice our sleep, our energy, our personal time. Being a mother means feelings things you probably would never feel otherwise. Since becoming a mother, I've experienced dread at what kind of world my children will grow up in, worry about whether or not I'm giving them the healthiest nutrition, regret when I've made mistakes that ended up hurting my kiddo and so much more. I'm only a mother of 1 one-year-old. Maybe not all mothers are like me, and not all worry so much, but knowing myself, I know that I need to make sure I'm in my best state so that I can take the best care of my kids. 


02.23.15

No comments:

Post a Comment