Search This Blog

All Posts

Friday, April 10, 2015

Welcome Noelani Kate Tsytsyn : 03.29.15

   I can't believe our precious daughter is finally here with us. I won't go into too much details of how she got here but I did want to share some moments and photos from that event.  
   I've been having braxton hicks (contractions) for about a week and a half leading up to the day she was born. On Saturday, March 28th around noon they started to getting stronger but were still somewhat irregular. Around 5/6pm I noticed they were a lot more intense and closer together, so we decided that we'll head out to the hospital that night.

When we got to the hospital and got checked in, I was told that I was only 2cm dilated and still only 50% effaced, just like I was a week ago on my doctor check up. That was such a bummer, because I thought I would be a lot more progressed. They told me to walk for an hour to see if it sped things up. After walking, the RN told me that my doctor wanted to check me in. So we were finally moved up to labor and delivery.
   After a long night of almost no progress, I was losing hope of this delivery being faster than my first one was. A little before 7 am I was checked and told that I was 5cm dilated and would probably deliver around noon that day. But as we all know, our bodies don't always go by "the plan". And thankfully at 7 am my water broke spontaneously and within minutes I went from 5cm dilated to 9cm and 90% effaced. Finally my labor sped up, A LOT.

Trying to breath through the hard contractions that started after my water broke. Up until my water broke I was able to move around to ease the contraction pain, but due to some changes in our plans, I had to lay down. It was SO much harder to just lay through the contractions and not be able to move around. This wasn't really part of my original plan, but our plans don't always go how we want them to.  

David trying to distract my mind off the contractions (= He was such a big encouragement. 

Just 34 short minutes after my water broke, at 7:34 am our baby girl was born into the world. 
I was pretty emotional after she was finally here (= I don't remember being so emotional when my son was born, but this time I was VERY emotional. 

Proud daddy (=

6 lbs 13.4 oz, 18.9" long, head 32, chest 31.5

Daddy's little princess 

  This birth was a lot different than my first. It didn't go as I was expecting it to, but I am so happy with the way it went. Sure, I wish some things were done differently, but I'm so glad that I was able to give birth without anything going wrong. My biggest request for this birth was for the cord not to be clamped right away. Thanks to my amazing husband, that request was met. I also got skin to skin time right after birth, and all of my other post delivery requests were met without any hesitation. I had a wonderful doctor deliver my baby girl and a really amazing nurse at my side and most importantly, my supportive and wonderful husband with me the whole time. I'm so thankful for the whole experience going the way it did.

  This birth reminds me of 2 verses,

"The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps." 
-Proverbs 16:9 


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." 
-Romans 8:28 

No comments:

Post a Comment